Arnold Berner was a supporter of and leader in Arkansas agriculture for more than 40 years. He was reared on a poultry and dairy farm in Benton County, and a graduate of Springdale High School. A veteran of four years’ World War II service as a U. S. Navy pilot, he served in the Pacific Campaign. Mr. Berner earned his degree in agriculture from the University of Arkansas in 1949. After college, he worked with the Agricultural Extension Service, as assistant county agent for Sebastian County and later, as agent for Pope County. Mr. Berner joined the Farm Bureau staff in January 1953 and served as district director of Field Services for eight years; director of Public Relations for eight years; and assistant vice president for three years. He became executive vvice president of Arkansas Farm Bureau Federation beginning in January 1971—and in this capacity, directed the program and staff activities of the (then-)66,000-member farm organization. During his tenure with Farm Bureau, the organization saw rapid growth and the expansion of its influence over agriculture in Arkansas. Mr. Berner was a member of the Board of Trustees for Arkansas Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Inc.; a member of the board of Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company and Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company; and an officer in each of nine corporations and affiliated companies of Farm Bureau. He was a member of the board of Associated Industries of Arkansas, and a member of the State Committee on Cooperatives. He was awarded an honorary “State Farmer degree” by the Future Farmers of America, and served as president of the Board of Directors of the State FFA Foundation. During his presidency, the C.A Vines Arkansas 4-H Center at Ferndale was built. After his retirement in 1982, Mr. Berner continued to support Arkansas Farm Bureau programs, as well as Arkansas agricultural programs in general.